Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

I remember as a little boy waking up to the smell of turkey first thing in the morning. I would come downstairs and greet my mom good morning. She would still be cooking something on the stove to go with the Thanksgiving Day feast.



My brothers and sisters would gather around the TV to watch the "Macy's" Thanksgiving Day parade. Manhatten was literally thirty minutes away from our home but I hated the cold weather and was happy to watch from home.

My parents would always invite people over for dinner. It might be my Uncle Tommy from South Jersey, a fellow Pastor, or my Aunt Letty. We didn't particularly like our Aunt Letty, bless her soul, because she would curse every now and again and yell at us kids for no apparent reason. At the same time, she was always the life of the party. We never knew what she was going to say next.

We all have those crazy Uncles or family members that don't march to the same beat as us. Nevertheless, let's give God thanks for them. No matter our opinion or perspective, God created them for His special purpose on this Earth as well. 

In our blessing for the food, let us remember those who are serving in the military around the world, our first responders, and those who are working today. Happy Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment

***URGENT Mask Information UPDATE***

 Greetings all. First, I want to thank everyone who read my blog content. Kindly leave a comment if you would like to see more content like ...